UMRAH REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You and your travelling companions are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions. Sunny Island Travel & Tours Pte Ltd shall be referred to as “the Company” in the following.
1. RESERVATION, DEPOSIT & FULL PAYMENT
- A deposit is required upon reservation. If your minimum deposit is less than the required amount, kindly top up the difference within the next two days.
|Umrah Tour Type||Deposit required per person|
|Umrah only packages||$400.00|
|Umrah plus Wisata packages||$400.00|
|Second Umrah departure within three Hijrah years||$750.00|
- Payment of deposit does not constitute confirmation of the tour. All group tours are subjected to a minimum group size (as determined by the Company) in order for the confirmation to be effected and for the departure to be finalized.
- Full payment is required no later than 30 days prior to departure. If full payment is not received by the stipulated deadline, the Company reserves the right to forfeit the deposit and cancel the reservation. In such an event, the cancellation fee as stated below is payable by the customer.
2. CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER
- Cancellation of booking must be made in writing or in person to avoid any misunderstanding.
- The following cancellation charges applies once any Umrah package booking is made:
|No. of days between departure and receipt of cancellation notice||Cancellation fee per person|
|Before the issuance of airline ticket||50% of the deposit or $250.00, whichever is higher.|
|After the issuance of airline ticket and 60 working days or more||100% and airline ticket will be submitted for a refund and whatever value is refunded by the airline, if any, will be refunded to the customer.|
|After the issuance of airline ticket and 30 working days or less||100% of full Umrah Package price|
- Tickets once issued are non-refundable. Flight/date/name change on the tickets are not permitted, unless otherwise stated.
3. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
- The Company acts as an agent for service suppliers. After deposit or full payment has been made, all arrangements are still subject to final confirmation by service suppliers. If due to unforeseen circumstances the arrangement cannot be finalized and the reservation has to be cancelled, the Company will endeavour to notify the Customer at least one week before departure. At times due to low subscription for an Umrah Group package, the Company may choose to cancel the entire tour 45 days prior to departure.
- The Company may recommend alternative Umrah package dates either to the same destination or Umrah inclusive of Wisata packages, based on the tour fare of that cancellation period. Should the customer decide not to accept the alternatives, a full refund on the amount paid by the customer will be made accordingly by the Company without further obligation.
- The Customer shall receive the refund within four to six weeks upon the Company notifying the Customer of the cancellation.
- The Company shall also not be held liable for any contingent costs incurred by the Customer arising from the cancellation.
4. REFUND POLICY
- No refund will be made with respect to accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours or any other services included in the tour fare but not utilized by the Customer, either in part or full, or when the Customer amends, cancels or otherwise changes any arrangements after commencement of the tour.
- Air tickets with refund value will only be refunded to customers four to six weeks after the respective airline have refunded to the Company. The standard processing period for air tickets refund varies from three to six months (subject to individual airlines). All refund will be made within four to six weeks in the form of a cheque.
- During peak period, the refund process may be longer due to increase in transactions.
5. AMENDMENT TO BOOKINGS (REQUESTED BY PASSENGERS)
- For any changes in departure date or tour type, cancellation charges apply as listed under section on “Cancellation by the Customer”.
- For every request made regardless of whether any previous amendments was confirmed by airlines, hotel or otherwise, there will be a minimum fee of $100 per person per amendment. This does not include any other charges imposed by the airlines, ground operator or hotel.
- Any change made by the Customer to the existing booking must be in writing or in person at least forty five days before the tour, after which strictly NO amendments allowed, or cancellation charge applies.
6. AMENDMENT TO TOUR ITINERARY BY COMPANY
The Company makes reasonable effort to avoid changes in the itinerary. However, the Company reserves the right to make minor changes at any time due to unforeseen circumstances, especially during peak periods or in the events of other circumstances beyond our control.
7. EXTENSION OF STAY/DEVIATION
- Extension of stay may be permitted at the end of the tour, subject to the restriction of the visa, air ticket, seat availability and hotel confirmation prior to the commencement of the tour. All requests must be made before issuance of air tickets. If the extension of stay / deviation is unable to be confirmed five weeks prior to the group’s departure date, the passenger is deemed to abide to the original tour schedule. In the event that the original schedule has been changed by the Company, any extra costs will be borne by the Customer.
- Extension of stay / deviation will be at passenger’s own expenses and transfer to the airport will not be provided, unless otherwise stated.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to hold firm confirmation of their return flight and to re-confirm their flight 72 hours prior to their return date.
- The air ticket issued is a special ticket, restricted to specific airline only. It is non-negotiable, non-endorsable, non-reissuable, non-refundable and non-reroutable. Any alteration in routing or dates by the Customer is solely at his/her own risk. The Company and its associated agents will not be held responsible for any inconvenience caused and extra expenses incurred. No refunds will be made for any unused air ticket, accommodation, meals or sightseeing in part or full.
8. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL INSURANCE & TRAVEL VOUCHERS
Passport and other Travel Documents
It is the Customer’s sole responsibility to ensure that his/her passport has a validity of at least 6 months from the date of departure, and to inform the Company of any charges in passport details before the visa is applied. In the event departure or entry is denied by the Authorities, the company will not be liable for any or all expenses or refund of the tour fares.
- Concurrently, all visa applications are subject to approval by the Royal Embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. If Customer’s visa application is not approved, not due to failure of the Company’s efforts in the application process, the Customer is liable for the full value of the visa and application charges, including Visa fees for those who are departing for a second time in a Hijrah year. Any other values from other service suppliers will be refunded at the discretion and compassion of the Company.
- The Company will not be responsible for any expenses, reimbursement or refund of tour fare if the Customer is deported or refused entry by Immigration authorities on the tour for whatever reasons, including improper travel documents, quarantine, custom regulations, possession of unlawful items or irregularities that may cause harm or damage to person or property.
- Arrangement of travel insurance coverage is strongly recommended with respect to unforseen circumstances such as trip cancellation, loss of deposit, baggage, personal accident, injury, illness, insolvency of Travel Agency, etc. Under no circumstances shall the Company be construed as a carrier under a contract for safe carriage of the Customer or his / her baggage and other personal belongings.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in relation to trip cancellation, loss of personal baggage, accidents, injuries and illness.
- The Company will be pleased to assist in the enquiries of any travel insurance and related matters.
9. GENERAL MATTERS RELATING TO TOURS
Accommodation is as specified in the tour brochure / itinerary / tour booking form. In the event the specified accommodation is not available, every effort will be made to scout for an alternative in another accommodation of similar standard. Accommodation for adults is based on twin-share, triple-share or quad-share bedrooms. Single room occupancy is at additional cost.
The Customer is allowed check in baggage not exceeding 23 kilograms x 2 pieces. Only one piece of hand luggage not exceeding 7 kilograms is allowed on board the aircraft. Excess baggage must be paid directly by the Customer.
Meals, including meals on board flights, are as indicated in the tour brochure / itinerary / tour booking form. If meals on board are not served due to whatever reason, there shall be no refund or replacement.
If there are any requests regarding flight seating arrangement and so on, please inform the Company upon booking. However, such requests are strictly subject to confirmation and availability by the airlines.
10. PRICING POLICIES
Tour Fare Includes
Return economy class group tour air ticket, local transport, accommodation, admission fees, meals and sightseeing programme as stipulated in the tour brochure / itinerary / tour booking form.
Tour Fare Excludes
Visa fees, travel insurance, local transfer not stated in the itinerary (eg free and easy, deviation), laundry, excess baggage charges, beverages, room services, gratuities to drivers and tour managers / local guides and tips to hotel porters (if any); and personal expenses.
Child fare is applicable to children below 12 years old on the scheduled date of departure from Singapore. The child fare is based on twin-, triple- or quad-sharing (child no bed) accommodation with two, three or four adults and no additional bed will be provided. A surcharge will be imposed where an extra bed is required for the child or where the child occupies a room with only one adult.
Mode of Payment
Payment may be made in cash, by cheques or bank transfer.
- The Company acts as an agent for the carriers, transportation companies, hotels and other principals of the tour packages. The Company accepts no responsibility for any injuries, losses, damages, accidents, delays, theft, quarantine, customs regulations, strikes, weather hazards, political unrest, changes in itineraries, deportation or refusal of entry by Immigration Authorities resulting from improper travel documents, possession of unlawful items or irregularities that may be caused to person or property. Any losses and/or expenses incurred are the responsibility of the passenger. All proper travel documentation is the sole responsibility of the Customer.
- The failure of the Customer to follow reasonable instructions including but not limited to check-in and check-out places or times or other cause and the losses and/or expenses resulting therefore shall be borne by the Customer.
- The Company reserves the right to:
- Alter Tour itineraries, travel arrangements, accommodation due to unforseen changes.
- Cancel any reservations prior to departure for reasons including but not limited to the insufficient number of participants. The Company will recommend alternative tours, preferably to the same destination or combined with other destinations. Should the Customer decide not to accept the alternatives, the deposit or tour fare to be refunded without further obligation on the part of the Company, upon Customer’s surrender to the Company of all documents issued by the Company for the purpose of the tour package.
- Require any individual to withdraw from the tour if it is deemed that his/her behaviour is detrimental to or incompatible with the health, safety, interests, harmony and welfare of the other tour participants and the tour group as a whole. Under such circumstances, the Company shall be under no liability thereafter to any such person.
- To specify the language in which the tour guide will conduct commentary in.
- No tour guides, tour managers, tour leaders or other employees or agents of the Company are authorized to commit the Company to any liability and the Company shall not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by a Management Executive of the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to take photographs and films of the passenger while on tour with the Company, to be used for brochures, advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent from the passenger.
- All tour fares for the respective tour packages are correct at the time of reservation. The Company reserves the right to revise the tour fares and to determine the date of commencement of such revised tour fares.
12. COMPLAINT AND CLAIM
Any complaint / claim have to be made in writing within 7 days from the date of return. No responsibility is accepted in respect of any complaints / claims, which are made after 7 days of return.
The Company reserves the right to change, amend, insert or delete any Umrah Registration Terms and Conditions containing in the documents, as the case may be, without prior notice. The Tour Booking Terms and Conditions complements those terms and conditions contained in the relevant documents provided by third party service providers such as airline or cruise tickets, hotel check-in, etc.